Wednesday 23 March 2011

The great website debacle

Today is a sad day.  As you all know from my previous blogs, I've had some problems with my web host.  I posted my very hilarious email to them and I received a response some time ago, but forgot to post their email.

I've deleted it.  It would have to be one of the "best" responses I've ever seen and I can't even share it with you!  I've searched each and every folder in Outlook and the Sent folder... no luck.

Let me give you the general gist.

The response was the usual "We're sorry for any inconvience caused blah blah blah".  THEN (and I am NOT joking) I was told that considering the low costs I shouldn't expect a very high level of service!!!!!!!!!

are... you... freaking... kidding... me?

So, does that mean that the level of service you receive is in proportion to the cost of the item?  Be careful everybody... next time you go and buy a water the clerk has every right to just dump it over your head.  At McDonald's, they now launch their burgers out of cannons.  Heaven forbid if you buy a pizza on Cheap Tuesday.  You don't know WHAT the garnishes on top will be!!!

I'm not going to slander the people I'm hosting with, but let's just say you'd be Crazy to use them!

I've also since learned that to transfer the hosting I'll have to pay for everything again, so for now, I'm going to sit tight and try not to interact with them.  Worse than that... one of the items I purchased is completely unnecessary and FREE with Google.

That expense is going to be written off under "Education" expenses.  ie. Live and learn, people.  Live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment