Saturday 26 February 2011

Where to begin?

When a gorgeous, crazy, energetic, unstoppable friend of mine gave me some tips on starting a new business she told me to start up a Blog on Blogger.  Well, here I am!  I thought I'd get in early and start telling my story from the beginning... like anybody REALLY cares but that's the joys of blogging.  Nobody HAS to read it or comment on it or even know it's there.

It's been almost a month now since I saw a business for sale on Lifestyle Careers.  It was just a little business selling baby gear online but it got me excited.  I'd been thinking of doing something similar for months, if not even years, but I didn't know where to start.  Where would I find suppliers? What would I call it?  What would I stock?  There were a million questions and finally there was one answer to them all!  So, I wrote back and said I was interested.  She sent me everything she had, but the financials didn't stack up.  She SAID she was selling a fair amount of stock, but there was no proof.  The business had only been up and running for 6 months and she had pretty much abandoned it for the last 3.  So, for the first time in my life I made a really low offer and she rejected it.  If she was playing hard ball, she lost.  I was actually happy!!!  Within the few hours it took for her to say "Thanks but no thanks" I'd already designed "Little Treasures" in my head.  I was so excited because I could see how it could be done... even how I could be "different" to all the other baby boutiques out there (and there are PLENTY!)

The name, you ask?  The name is an homage to my beautiful, sarcastic but loving Mother who passed away from cancer in August of 2007.  When she died she had 7 grandchildren, each of which she adored and treasured.  In fact, she called them her treasures. So Pam, here's to you and the unconditional love you gave ALL your grandchildren and to the extra little one who came along later, who I hope you met in the "somewhere else".

Alright all... I know I haven't finished (or even really started!) but my "extra little man" is calling me from his bed.  It's cuddle time and you people just don't live up to that!

Chat soon and be good!

1 comment:

  1. From little things big things grow!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete