Sunday 31 July 2011

It's alive!!!

At the beginning of the year (about the time of the Brisbane floods - remember them?) I decided to go back to work.  It took me all of a week to decide that it wasn't for me.

For those who don't know me won't know that my husband and I own and run a fruit shop.  I worked there three days a week before having F2.  I also do all the books and payroll and general running around.  It's not so bad... just another day at the office.  Anyway!  Running a fruit shop is hard work, the hours are ridiculously long and it's tiring back-breaking work.  My husband arrives home every single day exhausted and eats, plays with the kids and goes to bed.  There are eleventy million men and women out there who do it - this isn't about me griping.

What it IS about is the fact I'm basically a single parent.  I'm sort of, kind of, nearly used to it.  But I don't have any back up.  If the kidlets get sick there's only me to take care of them (oh... I have PLENTY of family but they work and have lives obviously!)  So it would be very difficult to work, juggle the kids, do my work for the shop and keep sane.

I applied for a couple of jobs and then (I think I've mentioned this all before) it dawned on me that I wanted to run an online shop.  I DO NOT know where that came from.  I've never ever ever ever thought about doing it.  I don't really have a retail background.  However, I've got a Marketing background, I've been a Personal Assistant to some high up head honchos, I'm a wife, Mother, consumer and one hell of an opinionated so and so.

Why not?  With those credentials I'm basically qualified to do anything!

Drum roll please so I can get to the point.

THE SITE IS FINALLY LIVE!!!

My beautiful, sexy, amazing, very green and very sumptuous website is finally a reality.  There are exactly 287 baby clothes, baby shoes, baby wraps and baby blankets, baby books, cloth nappies, baby tights and shoes, baby amber necklaces, toys, bath products, pregnant belly stretchmark oil, herbal tea for breastfeeding and pregnancy, baby slings and carriers, nappy wallets, baby shower invitations, highchairs, nursery wall art, bibs and burpcloths, portable highchairs, a baby hammock, feeding bowls and utensils and so on and on and on.

I even have bowls and spoons made from corn!  Yes, corn!  It's amazing.  There is also an abundance of organic clothes and toys.  There's even a "pink" range of organic toys that funds will be donated to breast cancer research!

It is a sight to behold... a thing of wonder.  Excuse me if I blow my own trumpet a little too much, but I'm so so happy that it's finally a reality.  I've worked hard and I've neglected the kids, the housework and my husband to actually follow through on something this huge.

So, please visit the site.  Please provide some feedback.  There's a special little button in the bottom right just for that purpose alone!  I don't mind if its negative... how will I know if my amazing customers don't tell me???

And like I said on the "About Us" page... "Enjoy looking at all the beautiful and clever products we have for sale".  It doesn't cost anything to window-shop... plus, there are no annoying, pushy sales people following you around!

Go and have a peek - you know you want to!

http://www.littletreasures.net.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment